MLS OWNERSHIP EXECUTIVES BACKGROUIND
Officers of the SC STL Executive Committee include:
Paul Edgerley, Chairman - Edgerley was formerly Managing Director of Bain Capital in Boston, where he worked for more than 25 years. Edgerley sits on several company boards, is highly respected in the business community and is known for his philanthropic giving. He is originally from Kansas City and currently is a minority owner with both the Boston Celtics and AS Roma in Italy.
Jim Kavanaugh, Vice Chairman - Kavanaugh is one of the original Founders of and is currently CEO of World Wide Technology in St Louis. A lifelong St. Louisan, Kavanaugh played soccer for Saint Louis University, where he currently serves on SLU's Board of Trustees. He also played for the United States Olympic Team, and played professionally for the Los Angeles Lazers and St. Louis Steamers. He is Chairman and Founder of Saint Louis FC, which plays in the United Soccer League as an affiliate of the Chicago Fire, Chairman of Scott Gallagher Soccer Club and investor owner of the St. Louis Blues of the National Hockey League.
Terry Matlack, Vice Chairman - Matlack co-founded Tortoise Capital Advisors, where he is a Board Member, Managing Director and member of the Investment Committee. Matlack also serves on the Kansas City Regional Market Board for US Bank and various Kansas City area boards.
Dave Peacock, Executive Committee Member - Peacock is a lifelong St Louisan who worked for Anheuser-Busch in various roles for 20 years. He was President of the company from 2008 to 2012 and ran the Marketing department prior to that role. Peacock has been Chairman of the St. Louis Sports Commission since 2012.
Investors in the group include:
- Bob O'Loughlin, Chairman and CEO of Lodging Hospitality Management in St. Louis
- John Sherman, Vice Chairman of the Cleveland Indians and former CEO of Inergy LP, a publicly traded master limited partnership
- David Gross-Loh, a Managing Director at Bain Capital
- Robert Hermann Jr., whose family is the namesake of college soccer's Hermann Trophy and whose family name is affixed to the Saint Louis University's on-campus soccer stadium
- Jim Powers, President and CEO of UniGroup (United Van Lines)
- Steve Maritz, Chairman and CEO of Maritz Corporation
- Thomas Roberts, Managing Director, Summit Partners